- 深耕雙語：使用美加小學Reading 和Science的教材，營造英語學習環境和科學知能探討。另外並依據學生學習情形，輔以實用生活會話，及繪本故事、生態、旅遊、文化、藝術、STEAM等有趣的內容，以生動活潑的互動教學方式提高學子語文表達的樂趣與自信力。行有餘力，則兼顧英語以外之其他語文。
Learning should not be confined within the classroom, nor should it limited the pages between the books. We believe the world is our classroom, and we focus on student-teacher interactions within the classroom to motivate children in becoming self-driven learners. Outside of the classroom we focus on physical and team activities.
1. Academic Learning
1.1 Culture learning encompasses Chinese literature, history, folklore, environmental protection, and philosophy, to name a few. By means of studying the past and present, our children are be able to grasp the present and foresee the future. Our teachers uses stories, fairy tales, nursery rhymes, fables, myths, classic novels and poetry to motivate children to learn. Not only will their language ability be improved, but they will also learn to appreciate the beauty of the Chinese language, and be enriched with the culture.
1.2 Bilingual education takes place in our English reading and science classes, with American and Canadian content. Children will participate in group discussions to demonstrate their understanding, while strengthening their communication skills in English. Classes include field trips, drawings, and interactive STEAM classes to become fun learning experiences.
1.3 Digital learning includes the use of building blocks, illustration software, 2D animation incorporated within publishing, web page design, robotics, and 3D printing to inspire flexible learning and creativity. With these skills students will be able to face the future AI era confidently.
1.4 Gaming mathematics encourages students to enjoy problem-solving skills rather than memorizing equations. Children will enjoy learning about math and gain a sense of achievement via practical applications and gaming.
1.5 Environmental preservation teaches children the importance of sustainability. Children will not only conduct field experiments but also experience through our science trips in the open and at local farms.
1.6 Popular science is conducted within the classroom setting in a controlled environment to allow students to test hypotheses and to justify their scientific understanding.
- 童軍探索：藉由具吸引力和進度性的遊戲與活動，以及較輕鬆有趣的方法來訓練各種實用技能，進而強化自己、幫助他人；並藉小隊遊戲、徽章制度、 榮譽制度、實用技能、做中學、體驗學習、接觸大自然…等寓教於樂的課程，引導學子建立自信人格與健全體格，並學會團隊合作、患難與共的榮譽心和回饋社會的使命感，最終發展出自信、合群和服務的領導能力。
2. Exploratory Activities
Learning does not only occur in the classroom setting, it can take place anywhere, including:
- Scouts: Through games and activities, children can learn to life-long skills for self-enhancement and to aid others in their time of need. Children will earn advancement, become more confident, and experience success working in groups and surrounded by nature. They will also learn about honor, teamwork, cooperation, and develop a sense of mission towards the society.
- Cultural Learning: Children will broaden their views and sharpen their interpersonal skills through various exchange activities where they will meet new teachers, students, and have access to different resources. We will visit different businesses, historic attractions, farms, communities, and artisan workshops ranging from carpentry, performing arts, puppetry to learn about different cultural aspects. In grades 5 and 6 students will travel by train around Taiwan to experience life away from home and to become more independent.
- Performing Arts: Beginning in grades 1 and 2, children will learn about percussion, ocarina, and flutes, all of which are easier to master and will arouse children's interest in music. In grades 3 and 4 children will participate in subtle activities such as chess, calligraphy, and painting to learn to calm their minds. In grades 5 and 6 children will participate in group performing activities including choir, symphony, and musical dramas to become confidence and artistic individuals.
- Reading Comprehension: Children will visit libraries, museums, galleries, and music halls to not only learn from the difference resources to improve their research and critical thinking skills, but also learn how to behave properly in public.
- Physical Activities: Utilizing the abundance of recreational resources available in Hsinchu, children not only experience but will be able to gain ample practice in different sports activities. In addition to common activities such as swimming and soccer, they will also participate in roller-skating, rock-climbing, equestrianism, and martial arts.
3. Phenomenon-based Learning
Our curriculum combines sustainable learning and phenomenon based learning. It incorporates different academic fields , social and cultural issues and allows children to learn through music, art, and performances throughout the 40 week school year. Like the 4 seasons, classes will rotate to a different theme in the cycle of learning.
1. Spring (Joy): like planting seeds in Spring, at the beginning of the school year our focus is to set the mood for a happy and confident learning environment, so children can become independent learners.
2. Summer (Enjoy): beginning in the 11th week, as children become familiar with their peers they will learn to cooperate in celebration of their friendship.
3. Autumn (Colorful): beginning in the 21st week, results of their learning are evident like the fruits from autumn harvest. Children will appreciate the joy behind helping others.
4. Winter (Wonderful): in the final 10 weeks children present the results of their learning through the 40 weeks of perseverance.
Through our cyclical curriculum we want our children to grow up in a sustainable learning environment filled with happiness, creativity, inspiration, and energy.